Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm Still Here

My summer break is over and I'm back at work. I have been working on something, but I will show you when it is complete. It is really hard to get back in the swing of things. Raising my grandson who has some problems, working full time, running the household AND finding time for MY therapy (crafting/decorating/gardening) is a little overwhelming. PLUS....just as I thought....as soon as it was time to go back to work, it would get really hot and humid and all of my tomatoes would be ripe at once. We have a lot of plants so that means canning. I usually do salsa and diced tomatoes. Zucchini is coming out of our ears. I grate that and freeze the amount needed for zucchini bread in freezer bags. Cucumbers are producing nicely so pickles are on our horizon. Peppers are doing as well but they usually are late producers. We only planted about 12 or so corn stalks, but I mainly do that so that I have the stalks for fall decorating. I can't bring myself to buying them only to dispose of them after a short time. Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment