Friday, October 14, 2011

Crafts, A Makeover and Update

First, let's start with the Crafts.  My mom loves the look of canned goods in her pantry as well as I do but didn't want to go to the trouble of canning.  I made her some of the peas that I showed in an earlier post and then I made these "pickled carrots". 

I really am pleased with how they turned out.  Guess I have to go get more clay to make myself some! LOL
Then I had all this paper someone gave me and an upcoming halloween party that I am in charge of decorating for so I made these to hang from the ceiling.  Martha Stewart.com has the templates and directions. So cute!
 


For the makeover......remember the shutter that my son gave me for Mother's Day? Well, I wanted to change it out for fall. I am so happy with how it turned out.  I have a whole lot of shutters that my neighbor gave me so I will be making lots more for the different holidays and seasons.  Take a look:                                     
Now for the update.  I know it has been so long since I have been posting.  My Dad had a big lump on his shin that they thought was a cyst.  A surgeon went in and cut it out.  It turned out to be a sarcoma.  The first surgeon left this big hole in his leg.  His family doctor referred him to University of Michigan Cancer Center.  They immediately went in to cut more out.  Three surgeries later which also included a skin graft and we thought he was on the mend.  Then a big bump appeared on the area that the graft was taken from (his thigh). That was removed.  That was cancerous also.  I have spent a lot of time in Ann Arbor with him and haven't had any  time at all to craft and decorate.  Please keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cassie! I LOVE your faux canned veggies!!! Did you just add water and pickling spices to the carrots? On the peas, did you add water also to give that " true canned look"?...

    I do hope your father is doing better. My prayers are with you and your family.

    I love your blog.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I just added water...actually boiling water so that it would have a vacuum seal once it cooled! I did add pickling spices to the carrots. Thanks for your prayers and comments.

    ReplyDelete