Monday, February 25, 2013

I'M BACK! (Pic Heavy)

I have been gone for quite a while. My Father passed away on July 26, 2012 and I have been busy helping my Mother take care of things.  I also decided that now would be the time to do the renovations we have been putting off.  It also helped to keep my mind off of things. 

I finally have a new kitchen! I tore off all the wallpaper (whew, what a job) and painted.  We had granite counter tops put in and I absolutely love them! Couldn't afford new cabinets, so I just scrubbed them down and used Orange Glo on them to make them look newer.  Since my faucet is polished bronze, I spray painted all the hardware with Rustoleum Polished Bronze to make them match.


Hubby wouldn't let me remove the bulhead/soffit so I have been collecting old utensils and such to decorate it with.  This yellow isn't as bright as it looks. It was sunny the day I took the picture.

 

I also bought some punched tin shades to go on my chandelier that I got for FREE! I just had to spray paint the brass so they married nicely.

 Finally hung all my wooden bowls.
Rearranged the hutch that my MIL gave to me (I just had to paint it and change the hardware)


Made this Pinterest-inspired towel holder

and I finally have a kitchen that I'm pretty much happy with! Of course, as you all know, there is always room for change!

Have a great day everyone! Soon I'll post the changes to the Family Room!

2 comments:

  1. Love your 'new' chandelier - and the counter tops look great! When we did our kitchen two years ago - we painted the cabinets and added bead board to the doors - gave the kitchen a whole new look - so fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss Cassie....my Dad passed 7 years ago this past October and while it does get easier, not a day goes by that I don't miss him. I love what you did with your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete